Ramboll has carried out numerous master plans for airports around the world, including projects in Africa, Asia, Russia, Europe and South America.
A professional master plan includes in general:
• Initial market assessment and forecast
• Study and condition assessment of the present inventory and facilities
• Gap analysis
• Development plan with alternative scenarios
• Investment analysis (CAPEX)
• Financial analysis
• Environmental and social analysis
The development of a professional master plan requires a multidisciplinary team of airport planners, designers, architects, engineers, environmental scientists and economists – all with in-depth knowledge of the airport and aviation sector.
Furthermore it is important that the Master Plan is fully integrated with the strategic plan and the business plan for the airport in question.
Finally it is essential that the master plan is developed in full compliance with international ICAO (International Civil Aviation organisation) standards, as well as in accordance with national standards and practices.